[Live-devel] Re: Python binding to Live (to support MRCP)

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Wed Nov 30 10:19:35 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:22:45 -0800
"Karl Gierach" <KGierach at avst.com> wrote:

> >And how about MRCP, nobody have ever showed any interest in that around
> >here ?
> >Just curious.
>
> Senra,
>
> If you are still curious about MRCP, I have integrated MRCP with Live
> for stream playback from Speech Synthesizers. I used the freely
> available reference library put out by Intel, for the MRCP 1.0 commands,
> and used the RTP/RTCP subsystem inside Live to handle the stream of
> audio from the speech synthesizer. For transferring the audio to the
> application, I sub-classed MediaSink.

Great,
thank you very much Karl.

For the time being I am implementing a RTSP/MRCP stack from scratch
(in Python/Twisted), because my client did not yet responded about its own
company's licensing and open source policy :o(

In case I receive positive answer, I'd love to switch to using LIVE
and then examine and contribute to your code, meanwhile I'll have to
keep away from it to keep a "clean-room" implementation.

By the way, I am indeed using Intel's client MRCP library for testing
purposes.

Thanks again for your  feedback.
best regards,
Senra