[Live-devel] Motion JPEG header reconstruction bug

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 4 00:39:32 PDT 2005

>I am trying to stream a .jpg file read from disk. I used, as I
>understood from the mailing-list archive, a subclass of JPEGVideoSource
>and a file JPEGStreamer which contains main(), MyJPEGVideoSource,
>JPEGVideoRTPSink, rtsp server etc..
>On the other side JPEGReceiver with JPEGVideoRTPSource, FileSink,
>RTCPInstance.

I suggest that you first test your server (streamer) with a client
that is known to work - e.g., "openRTSP"
<http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>.  In particular, if you use the
"-m" option, you can get each incoming JPEG frame written to a
separate file, which you can then try displaying.

Once you know that your server is working OK, you can then try
debugging your client.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>