[Live-devel] startPlaying - stopPlaying - startPlaying issues

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:45:14 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

I'm using the live555 library to successively start and stop playing the same Source and I'm facing two issues for which  I'd need some help.

1) If my RTPSource is a MultiFramedRTPSource (e.g H263plusVideoRTPSource):
 -the first sink->startPlaying(source) calls RTPInterface->startNetworkReading : OK
 -then, the sink->stopPlaying() call does RTPInterface->stopNetworkReading : OK
 -then, the second sink->startPlaying doesn't call RTPInterface->startNetworkReading : NOK !
 This is because variable "fAreDoingNetworkReads" is never set to False except when the source is created or deleted. IMO, it should be set to False in MultiFramedRTPSource::doStopGettingFrames(). Is that right ??

2) if my Source is an AMRDeinterleaver, the RTPInterface->startNetworkReading is done by the related rawAMRRTPSource when my sink starts playing, but the RTPInterface->stopNetworkReading is never done when I stop playing. This is because AMRDeinterleaver is not inherited from MultiFramedRTPSource but from FramedSource whose doStopGettingFrames does nothing. I guess something is missing regarding the RTPInterface when stopPlaying is called. Do you agree ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
David