[Live-devel] problems linking with mplayer under windows

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 7 16:34:03 PDT 2005

At 11:41 AM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>I'm trying to build rtsp support into mplayer (with windows).  I
>followed the instructions for building the live libraries with vc++
>and got the .lib files in the right places.  BUT, I build mplayer
>with mingw/gcc which wants .a files.

In that case you should build the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code as
if you were doing so on Unix (because "mingw" is a Unix-like
development environment, even though it runs on Windows).

I.e., in the "live" directory, run
         genMakefiles mingw
and this should create "Makefile"s.  Then, just run "make".

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>