[Live-devel] How can I stream vob files but make the output is transport stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 8 22:58:32 PDT 2005

At 06:53 PM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>Hi,
>    I try to modify the source code and combine the
> testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream and testMPEG2TransportStreamer
> together in order to stream vob files but output is transport
> stream.When I test mpga audio files,it works well.But when trying
> vob files with ac3 audio, I can only hear very noisy sound with clip and pop

I suspect that the problem is that the 'strean type' in the output
Transport Stream is not properly being set for AC-3 audio.  Note the
code at lines 109-116 of
"liveMedia/MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor.cpp".  The last branch of
this "if" statement is supposed to set the 'stream type' for
non-MPEG-audio to 0x81, but I don't know for sure if this is correct
(because I've never actually dealt with MPEG Transport Streams that
contain AC-3 (rather than MPEG) audio).

Unfortunately, I don't know what the 'stream type' for AC-3 audio is
supposed to be, but if you know, this is probably the place in the
code where you should change it.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>