[Live-devel] Problem with openRTSP and -t option

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Oct 17 16:44:47 PDT 2005

>If -e specifies a max duration that is shorter than the stream it
>doesn't detect a cut off. Without -t it will also work without a
>problem.

I'm not sure I totally understand the issue, but the problem (if any)
is probably related to the fact that - when streaming RTP-over-RTSP -
the RTP/RTCP handling code takes over complete control of the RTSP
TCP connection, so the RTSP client code never gets to look at the TCP
connection again.  (If this is the case, there's not going to be an
easy way to fix this - sorry.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>