[Live-devel] How to get NPT from RTSPClient?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 18 11:19:00 PDT 2005

>In other words, I'd like to have some function telling me "the sender
>time is now T", and not "the presentation time of the last received
>frame is T".

Once again, the "presentationTime" value returned by the "RTPSource"
(receiver) *is* based on the sender's clock - because it is computed
from (i) RTP packet timestamps (which are set by the sender), and
(ii) RTP timestamp-to-wall-clock-time mappings (in RTCP Sender Report
("SR") packets), where 'wall clock time' is computed at the sender
(i.e., using the sender's clock).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>