[Live-devel] RTSP over RTP

Luca Piccarreta piccarre at elet.polimi.it
Wed Oct 19 11:07:00 PDT 2005

A nice way to receive UDP data through a NAT is a sort of
UDP hole punching.
- The client opens an UDP port and sends an UDP packet to the server
- The server reads the (natted) address of the incoming packet and
communicates it to the client
- The client requests RTP streaming over the natted address.
Hope it helps.
Luca Piccarreta