[Live-devel] BasicUsageEnvironment0::getResultMsg

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:12:29 PDT 2005

Hello,

In the class UsageEnvironment, the method getResultMsg and so on are public, while in the class BasicUsageEnvironment0 they are protected. If we derived a new class OurEnvironment from BasicUsageEnvironment and add a new method (ourMethod), we have to force in our code a casting of the variable OurEnvironment *env in order to be able to call the getResultMsg like this

OurEnvironment *env = OurEnvironment::createNew();
env->ourMethod();
  (...)
((UsageEnvironment*)env)->getResultMsg();

Wouldn't it be easier to put these methods public in BasicUsageEnvironment0?
Thanks in advance.