[Live-devel] Streaming metadata

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 25 02:33:15 PDT 2005

>I'm a newbie using <http://Live.com>Live.com libraries.

FYI, it's now LIVE555.COM.

>  I made a RTSP server to stream Mpeg1or2 and Mpeg4 Formats, based
> on TestOnDemandRtspServer, and it works. Now I need to send some
> plain text data synchronously with video, frame by frame. How could
> I do this? Could you suggest me a way to work? I'm wondering if
> there is a class that supports this feature or if i need to make it on  my own.

No, there's no existing code in the libraries to do this.  If you
want to add this, I suggest supporting the RTP payload format
described in the IETF RFC 4103
<ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4103.txt>, as that is the
closest thing to a standard for streaming time-synchronized text.

To implement this, you would need to write your own subclass of
"MultiFramedRTPSink" for sending the text, and your own subclass of
"MultiFramedRTPSource" for receiving it.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>