[Live-devel] sprintf and radix char.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 26 18:42:45 PDT 2005

>I thought this was working, but in recent weeks we got reports it
>wasn't. We tried all sorts of things, but it wasn't coming together.
>In the end we had to resolve to plain C code, and that WAS working.

I don't like the idea of throwing out (what appears to be) perfectly
good code, without an understanding of what exactly is wrong with
it.  I thought that the C++-based solution that I wrote (using
heap-allocated "Locale" objects, and relying on the fact that the
object's destructor automatically gets called when we leave the
scope) was quite elegant, so I'd like to know why it's not working.

Are there problems in some C++ implementations with the "Locale"
destructor not being called when it's supposed to, or is something
else going on??

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>