[Live-devel] Select delay in BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep

Frances Flood fflood at eee.strath.ac.uk
Thu Oct 27 18:58:27 PDT 2005

Hi Ross,

Thanks for replying. The socket doesn't have any data because I have
stopped transmitting, which is why I'm trying to stop the event loop.
Does the event loop expect a teardown message of some sort in order to
stop once the stream has reached the end?

Having stopped receiving from the first source, I want to start
receiving from another source which will send to the same port as the
previous one. Is it possible to receive from different sources on a
single port as long as they are at different times? I'm finding that
when I try to read from the port the second time it doesn't always work
- the select does not contain the port in the readset, although I can
see on a port monitor that the machine is receiving the data at that
port. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frances