[Live-devel] Live Streaming to Nokia/RealPlayer with DarwinInjector

Simonsen, Erlend erlend.simonsen at aspiro.com
Fri Oct 28 09:36:27 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 07:36 -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> So, it sounds like the problem is with the "RealMedia Player".  You
> will probably need to get RealNetworks to help you with this
> problem.  (I can't see any reason why it should not be able to play
> the stream.)

I'll try and email them and see if they reply. I was just hoping someone
had tackled this problem and knew what was different between Darwin
Streaming Servers way of pushing the live stream, and the live555.com
way of doing it.

> Is there any reason why you don't just use this solution (i.e., using
> our RTSP server implementation instead of a separate "Darwin
> Streaming Server")?

We plan on offering quite a huge amount of on-demand streams, as well as
several live streams, both audio and video. As liveMedia lacks mp4/3gp
filesources, as well as a nice admin interface, I'd have to spend quite
a while implementing it myself.

--
Simonsen, Erlend <erlend.simonsen at aspiro.com>