[Live-devel] RTSP Client and multicast with AXIS cameras

Federico Ares federico.ares at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 15:07:04 PST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to get an AXIS camera to work with RTSPClient class,
basing me on the openRTSP code.
There seems to be a problem when because RTSPClient expects
to receive the destination multicast address in the conection data field
of the SDP message (DESCRIBE response), but AXIS sends it in the
SETUP response message in the transport field.
The problem is that this field is not parsed for the destination and port
sub-fields and this information is lost.

I've succeeded to parse it correctly but I am not having luck in configuring
the media session to work with these ports and ip address. In fact, after
the PLAY, the server actually starts transmits the data (I made some network
dumps with Ethereal) but the RTSP client itself is not receiving the packets.
I think the RTP/RTCP ports are still not well configured in the media subsession
and thats why the packets are not being received correctly.

I also noticed that the AXIS camera can be asked via HTTP for the SDP
message, and that this message is not identical to the one given
via the DESCRIBE response. In fact the conection field contains the
multicast address instead of 0.0.0.0.
I havent tried yet to feed the media session with this SDP.

If anyone is familiar with these problems, or is currently having the same
difficulties, I would like to exchange ideas about getting this to work.
Right now I'm trying to guess which variables of the media subsession to change
to configure the ports correctly.

Have a nice day,

Federico Ares.
(Argentina)

This is the SETUP Response of an AXIS IP camera:

RTSP/1.0 200 OK

CSeq: 2

Session: 0299578912;timeout=60

Transport: RTP/AVP;multicast;mode=play;destination=224.0.0.2;port=1024-1025;ttl=255

This is the SDP message given by the server (DESCRIBE response)

RTSP/1.0 200 OK

CSeq: 1

v=0

o=- 1130347884978748 1130347884978758 IN IP4 192.168.200.100

s=Media Presentation

e=NONE

c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

b=AS:8000

t=0 0

a=control:*

a=range:npt=now-

a=mpeg4-iod: "data:application/mpeg4-iod;base64,AoDUAE8BAf/1AQOAbwABQFBkYXRhOmFwcGxpY2F0aW9uL21wZWc0LW9kLWF1O2Jhc2U2NCxBUjBCR3dVZkF4Y0F5U1FBWlFRTklCRUVrK0FBZWhJQUFIb1NBQVlCQkE9PQQNAQUABAAAAAAAAAAAAAYJAQAAAAAAAAAAAzoAAkA2ZGF0YTphcHBsaWNhdGlvbi9tcGVnNC1iaWZzLWF1O2Jhc2U2NCx3QkFTWVFTSVVFVUZQd0E9BBICDQAAAgAAAAAAAAAABQMAAEAGCQEAAAAAAAAAAA=="

m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96

b=AS:8000

a=control:trackID=1

a=rtpmap:96 MP4V-ES/90000

a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=245; config=000001B0F5000001B50900000100000001200088401928582120A21F;

a=mpeg4-esid:201