[Live-devel] RTSP url

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Sep 1 12:25:59 PDT 2005

>1) Since not all RTSP servers support TCP streaming, is there a way
>to open firewall, still in secured manner, to receive UDP packets?

Yes, but the method for doing so depends on the firewall (there are
several different kinds).

>I found 2 issues even when I could get audio-video files generated:
>
>2) I could not play the audio file [audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-1], not even
>in MPlayer. How can I?

You probably can't.  I don't think that MPlayer can play raw MPEG-4
audio files.

>3) While I could play the video on MPlayer using -fps 4 option, it
>could not play on Quick Time or Windows Media Player [ does not
>recognize format]. On Quick Time it puts out 2 [fatal] errors.
>Anyway is there a way to get around this problem?

No, because neither QuickTime Player nor Windows Media Player can
play raw MPEG-4 video files.  As you noted, MPlayer could do so.  I
would also try VLC which (IMHO) is a better player than MPlayer.

Also, of course, VLC can play the "rtsp://" URL directly (audio and video).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>