[Live-devel] Memory leaks ?

kamil kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Sep 6 17:51:35 PDT 2005

Hi,

I try to read MP4V-ES video stream from my Axis network camera. Everything
works well so far, but I have problems with some strange memory leaks - my
program is based on OpenRTSP example. First, teardownMediaSubsession() is
not called anywhere in this example, which results in subsession.sessionId
not being deleted and when I enable streamUsingTCP in
setupMediaSubsession(), socketHashTable and env.liveMediaPriv is not
deleted. This goes as follows:

~RTCPInstance()
    stopNetworkReading()
        removeSocketDescription()
            delete socketHashTable;    // ok deleted

~MultiFramedRTPSource
    stopNetworkReading()
        lookupSocketDescription() // socketHashTable is created again ...
               // but socketDescriptor == NULL, so
deregisterRTPInterface,removeSocketDescriptor,delete socketHashTable is not
called,

and because env.liveMediaPriv.socketHashTable is not NULL env.liveMediaPriv
is not deleted. My code is :

Medium::close(pRtpSink);
pRtspClient->teardownMediaSubsession(pRtpSubsession);
pRtspClient->teardownMediaSession(pRtpSession);
Medium::close(pRtpSession);
Medium::close(pRtspClient);
delete m_pRtpEnv;
delete m_pRtpTaskScheduler;

Sorry, I have no internet on my development machine, I can't cut-paste the
code, so please tell me if there is some more info needed.

Please help.
Kamil