[Live-devel] Does mpeg4 data packetize using HINT Track?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Sep 8 13:58:01 PDT 2005

>        I have found that testOnDemandServer can stream mpeg4 vedio
>elementary stream.
>Does it packetize data using "hint track (RTP specific hint track)"?

No, the current "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" RTSP/RTP server code does
not read ".mp4"-format files, and therefore does not use 'hint tracks'.

>If it does not do so then how does it packetize the mpeg4 data?

It does this using the "MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink" class (and its parent
classes, "MultiFramedRTPSink" and "RTPSink").

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE.COM)
	<http://www.live.com/>