[Live-devel] OpenRTSP and multicast

kamil kamildobk at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Sep 12 17:10:24 PDT 2005

> Presumably, the Axis server - if it supports both multicast and unicast -
> will use different "rtsp://" URLs for each.  Because this is up to the
> server, you will need to consult your Axis camera documentation to figure
> out which "rtsp://" URL to use to get a multicast stream.

I've just got an answer from Axis helpdesk. All I have to do is to enter
"axrtpm://URL" in my Windows Media Player window . It is easy, isn't it ? if
somebody knows what does it mean, please let me know. I also think that you
might be interested in information that the AXIS RTP OVER HTTP
implementation requires authentication during tunneling setup phase (
initial GET/POST requests ).

Thanks for your help,
Kamil