[Live-devel] RTSP UDP multicast Streams and RTP video and audio on the same port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Sep 13 16:52:56 PDT 2005

At 03:35 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:
>We have our own RTSP Server but we are using your live lib based
>RTSP client (openRTSP and VLC).

As I noted earlier, you should also be using our software for your
RTSP server (especially if you want to make use of this mailing list
:-), but just one quick comment:

>m=video 5012 udp 33
>m=audio 5012 udp 33

This is wrong.  Your server should just be including the "m=video"
line - *not* the "m=audio" line.  (The MIME type for MPEG Transport
Streams is just "video", even though Transport Streams typically
contain data other than just video.)

(Also, the use of "udp" instead of "RTP/AVP" is, strictly-speaking,
non-standard, although lots of people use this for sending MPEG
Transport Stream over raw-UDP.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE.COM)
	<http://www.live.com/>