[Live-devel] JPEG version

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Sep 20 19:13:24 PDT 2005

At 04:37 PM 9/20/2005, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Using MacOSX, I wanted to use the JPEGVideoRTPSink.
>
>I understand about stripping the header. Alas, doesn't seem to work.
>
>How can I tell if my JPEG is RFC 2435 compliant?

Unfortunately it's generally difficult to tell.  One thing you can do
is look at the original JPEG header (i.e., before you strip it away
for streaming), and compare it to the synthetic JPEG header that
"JPEGVideoRTPSource" would prepend to each incoming frame (see the
function "createJPEGHeader()" in "liveMedia/JPEGVideoRTPSource.cpp").

Also, if you have a RTSP server already working with your JPEG
source, you can run "openRTSP -m" on it, to write each incoming frame
(each preprended with a synthetic JPEG header) to a file.  You can
then try viewing these files in an image browser.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE.COM)
	<http://www.live.com/>