[Live-devel] problem with vlc - m4v - seek

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 28 08:23:02 PDT 2005

>1 - I have a file m4v created with ffmpeg program.
>So when run ./testOnDemandRTSPServer i have this output about .m4v
>file, then I can't see it with any player.

See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#my-file-doesnt-work>

It appears that your input file is not really a proper MPEG-4 video
Elementary Stream.

>2 - I have create a file PS with vlc. Now, when i try to see this
>stream with vlc through rtp, using ./openRTSP -r -p 8888,
>the vlc return this error:
>
>[00000246] main demuxer error: no demux2 module matched "es"
>[00000240] main input error: no suitable demux module for `rtp/es://@:8888'

I don't know what the problem is here, but to play the stream in VLC,
you don't need to use "openRTSP".  Instead, just type the "rtsp://"
URL directly into VLC.

>3 - This is the last question: the seek feature work for ES and PS,
>does it work for TS and m4v files too?

No, not yet (at least, not in the public "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
source code).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>