[Live-devel] PlayMediaSession and negative scale parameter

Keith Gurganus kgurganus at 650dialup.com
Wed Sep 28 10:44:49 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am using DSS and streaming a saved .mov via RTSP and live.com.  When I
call playMediaSession with the scale parameter I assume from the RTSP spec:

   Example of playing in reverse at 3.5 times normal rate:

     Scale: -3.5

I don't get an error message, but the video will playback forward and not
reverse.  I've entered 0 for the start and 30 for the end parameters.  Maybe
I am doing something wrong or perhaps DSS does not support this feature?

Thanks,

- Keith