[Live-devel] doGetNextFrame() isn't being called again

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Apr 2 04:03:22 PDT 2006

>When no new frame is available I'm just returning from the func
>instead of calling
>nextTask() = envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(0,
>(TaskFunc*)FramedSource::afterGetting, this);
>
>But when I just return, doGetNextFrame() is never being called again.

That's because you are (presumably) not doing anything when data
later *does* become available.

As I noted earlier this week - in response to the "Non Blocking
doGetNextFrame" question (see the list archives) - the arrival of new
data needs to be handled as an event, within the event loop.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>