[Live-devel] Using TCP instead of UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 5 08:23:45 PDT 2006

>Would the RTP Channel still work if I'll change the setupDatagramSocket
>into setupStreamSocket? So the RTP messages will be sent via TCP and not
>UDP.

You can do this - in a standards-compliant, interoperable way - only
if you use RTP in combination with RTSP.

Our RTSP server implementation supports RTP-over-TCP automatically,
if requested by the client.

Our RTSP client implementation supports RTP-over-TCP using the
"streamUsingTCP" parameter to
"RTSPClient::setupMediaSubsession()".  Note also the "-t" option to
the "openRTSP" demo application (RTSP client), which does this.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>