[Live-devel] MultiFramedRTPSink::specialHeaderSize()

David Skiba skiba at avaya.com
Thu Apr 6 05:27:26 PDT 2006

Ross,

I am working on implementing RFC 3984 for H.264 streaming.

I may be using the specialHeader incorrectly.

I am using the single NAL unit per packet method described in the spec.

For non fragmented packets the 1 byte header is in my frame data already.

For fragmented packets

            The first packet has the FU indicator added to the front with
the already existing NAL header byte.

            The rest of the fragmented packets have no header in the data,
only raw data. So I need to

                        add two bytes, one for FU indicator and one for FU
header.

I am not sure where else to handle the proper header composition. I don't
think the place

is in my get next frame method because I don't know the details of where the
packet will

be split at that point.

I know you don't get into protocol specifics but wanted you to know what I
was

trying to implement.

Thanks,

Dave