[Live-devel] How to add more Audio codec support while reading RTSP Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 10 06:30:24 PDT 2006

>I want your suggestions, if I want to add suport for 8-bit/16-bit unsigned
>integer, QDesign Music, AMR Narrowband, etc

8 and 16-bit raw PCM audio ("audio/L8" and "audio/L16") is already
supported (using "SimpleRTPSource" (for receiving) and
"SimpleRTPSink" (for sending)).  See, for example, "MediaSession.cpp"
(look for "L8" and "L16").

AMR Narrowband (and Wideband) is already supported; see
"liveMedia/AMR*cpp" and "liveMedia/include/AMR*hh".

To support "QDesign Music", you would first need to know the RTP
payload format (i.e., the packetizing rules) for this.  As far as I
know, however, this ir proprietary, and has not been published in an
open standard document.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>