[Live-devel] RTCP Receiver Report

barounis at ceid.upatras.gr barounis at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Apr 11 15:02:50 PDT 2006

> Look at the "RTPTransmissionStats" class (defined in
> "liveMedia/include/RTPSink.hh").  This is updated automatically (by
> the server) each time a RTCP Reception Report (RR) packet arrives.
>
> You'll have to look at the code to figure out how to use this, but it
> is very similar to the "RTPReceptionStats" class which is used at the
> receiver end (and updated each time a RTCP Sender Report (SR) packet
> arrives).  See "testProgs/playCommon.cpp" for an example of how
> "RTPReceptionStats" is used.

Hi, I would like to ask for a further explanation...

The code implemented in "RTPSink.hh" is written to record all these stats
produced by RTCP Receiver's Report in a periodic way but there is no object from
this class defined in any code (for example testOnDemandRTSPServer)
So I must implement a code like beginQOSMeasurement(),
                                checkForPacketArrival(),
                                checkInterPacketGaps(),
                                qosMeasurementRecord,
                                periodicQOSMeasurement(),
                                scheduleNextQOSMeasurement()
                                printQOSData()
(as in the playCommon.cpp file)

                       in the testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp file in order to get
these stats ?

Thanks in advance
Your help is appreciated...