[Live-devel] RTSP - session not timing out

ECU Laboratories eculabs at gmx.net
Tue Apr 18 01:44:04 PDT 2006

Hi Ross, All,

I use the testOnDemandRTSPServer to feed video content to some Amino
110/110h  boxes.
Someone in our QA found a very strange effect:
You start a video stream on an amino box and then you pull the box's power
plug. Now you plug in the box again and start any movie you like. What
you will observe is that you get a weird mixture of two movies that the
box tries
to somehow display. This is because the former video (the one playing
while the
box was unplugged) continues to be streamed by the testOnDemandRTSPServer
at the same time as the currently selected movie gets streamed.
I suppose the box doesnt get to send a "teardown" so the streaming
continues.
The session should, however, have timed out since no more RTCP RRs are being
send. Can this behaviour be somehow configured?
What cure to this problem do you think is  easyest to implement?

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Helmut