[Live-devel] problem linking "test Progs" under Win XP and Visual C++ 6.0

weymar at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de weymar at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Apr 19 08:08:27 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying unsuccessfully to build the Live555 libraries on a Windows XP
2002 Professional SP2 machine using MS Visual Studio 6.0 (Visual C++ 6.0).

The UsageEnvironment, groupsock, liveMedia, BasicUsageEnvironment and
WindowsAudioInputDevice libs were flawlessly generated, but the testProgs
not.

I receive a "LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _errno" error.

A potential problem that I realized is that, for some reason, the INCLUDES
from the .mak files are not recognized, that is, I had to hardcode the
absolute paths to the headers in the .cpp files.
(i.e. #include
C:\docume~1\admini~1\live.2006.03.17\live\BasicUsageEnvironment\include\BasicUsageEnvironment.hh"
and so on...).

But it did not solve the _errno problem. More curiously is that I built
all the libs in another machine running Win XP 2002 Pro SP2 using Visual
C++ 6.0 (exactly the same version in both machines) without any problem.
The only change I did was in the "win32config" file to adapt to the
correct TOOLS32 dir. Unfortunately I can not use the machine on which the
Live555 libs were built flawlessly, so I need to build the libs on this
second machine.

At first I tried to put a #define errno WSAGetLastError" in the
BasicUsageEnvironment.cpp, but after I realized that ( errno =
WSAGetLastError(); ) is already done at line 53.

So, I can't figure out what is wrong. Does someone have a clue?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

PS: the .html build logs generated by Visual C++ are attached to this email.