[Live-devel] livecaster in STL

Jason L. Ellison infotek at datasync.com
Fri Apr 28 13:01:07 PDT 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Ross Finlayson wrote:

>>> Yes.

>>> FYI, we now recommend using VLC <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/>
>>> instead of MPlayer.  (VLC also uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
code.)

>>>Sorry - I can't help you with your problems with "sox" and "lame".
>>
>>   Can anyone make a suggestion of how to reliably feed realtime (as
>>opposed to pre-recorded) data to livecaster?  How are other people getting
>>the audio to livecaster?
>
>Feeding to stdin works - provided that the process(es) that are
>feeding to stdin are reliable.  That seems to be the problem that you
>are having - i.e., not a problem with "liveCaster" itself.

  I understand that livecaster is not the issue.  Perhaps someone who is
using livecsater knows of a more reliable method of feeding the stream to
livecaster?  My current formula of 'sox | lame | livecaster' is not
working reliably for me.  It did work well enough to show that livecaster
works very well for low latency audio over multicast.

  Is there a more approriate channel for this question to be asked?