[Live-devel] MPEG2 streaming

Mallikharjuna Reddy (NAVT) ymreddy at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Wed Aug 2 01:44:50 PDT 2006

Hi Everybody,

We are trying to stream MPEG2 files and receive the files at the client
using the test programs: testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp and
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp files.

When we compare the original mpeg2 file with the received file at the
client, there is a difference of 70 bytes. We tested this in an isolated
network (only server and client are connected using a hub). Server and
client are given private IP addresses. Also we ran the network analyzer tool
at the client side and there is no packet loss at the client side.

The received mpeg2 file at the client side is decoded using mpeg2 decoder
and found that two frames are missing when compared with the original file.
Also decoded the received file into yuv format and found that yuv file size
is less than the original.

Any clues on this.

Thanks and Regards
Y. Mallikharjuna Reddy