[Live-devel] about testWAVAudioStreamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 6 07:12:33 PDT 2006

>Hello,
>
>The "testWAVAudioStreamer" program works only with PCM (audio format = 1).
>
>I need to send via rtsp a WAV file with audio format =6 (aLaw),
>which changes should I do?

As I said in an earlier response about a week ago (to someone else's
question, I hope):

Streaming a-law audio over RTP is done the same way as streaming
u-law audio over RTP, except that the MIME subtype is "PCMA" (rather
than "PCMU"), and - for 8 kHz mono - the static payload type 8
(rather than 0).  (See RFC 3551.)

You should be able to figure out from the existing code how to do this...