[Live-devel] Streaming H264 raw files using RTSP

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Tue Aug 8 23:06:27 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am a bit new to the live555 system ....

I would like to use the library to stream raw H264 files (as generated
with "ffmpeg -f h264") using the RTSP protocol.
I have managed to stream MPEG4 ES files Ok.

I assume that support for streaming H264 files over RSTP is not quite
there yet ?

If this is the case would I just have to implement:
"H264VideoFileServerMediaSubsession" as a subclass of
"FileServerMediaSubsession" which would use "H264VideoRTPSink" and
a new class "H264VideoStreamFramerRaw" derived from
"H264VideoStreamFramer" with the "H264VideoStreamFramerRaw" class
packetising the H264 stream into NAL units ?

Any guidance would be gratefully received ...

Cheers

Terry