[Live-devel] Why the testOnDemandRTSPServer show 0.0.0.0:8554

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 9 21:23:06 PDT 2006

>I have read that part of code, it seems to use multicast ip to figure
>out ourSourceAddress. But the os does not support multicast on my
>board or I am not sure if multicast could work properly on the system.

For many systems, getting multicast to work requires only that you
add a route for 224.0.0/4 (for your local network interface).

>And I am not very interest in multicast. Is there any way to make it
>without multicast.

If multicast doesn't work, then the code uses "gethostname()"
followed by "gethostbyname()" to try to figure out your IP address.
If neither method works, then I suppose you could hard-wire your
address into the implementation of "ourSourceAddressForMulticast()".