[Live-devel] live-devel Digest, Vol 34, Issue 6

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 14 17:52:21 PDT 2006

>Ross, could you give us sample psuedo-code that demonstrates the event
>method you describe?

Not really - at least, not without knowing the details of how your
frame grabber works.

>   How would this new EventLoop interact with
>FramedSource derived classes and MultiFramedRTPSink derived classes?

It would make no difference.  These other ("liveMedia") classes see
only the base class "TaskScheduler".  If (big if) you need to write
your own "TaskScheduler" subclass, then the rest of the code would
use it in exactly the same way.

>The interface to the H.264 encoder I am using requires that I call
>DSP_GetFrame() at correct intervals or else it will always return frames at
>30 fps.

Do you have any way to be 'notified' when a new frame is available?
(E.g., is your frame grabber device a readable socket, or can it set
global variable when a new frame is available?)  If not, then (from
your description above), it looks like you'll have to schedule a
periodic handler function to read frames - using
"scheduleDelayedTask()".

In general it's impossible to give a generic answer to the question
"How do I interface to a frame grabber?", because different frame
grabbers work in different ways.