[Live-devel] Parsing of x-playNow header

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 17 05:27:27 PDT 2006

>Attached please find a patch for the live.2006.08.07 code base to
>add support for the x-playNow header to initiate playback of a
>stream immediately following the submission of a SETUP request by a
>RTSP client (in the same manner by which support for the Range
>header within SETUP requests is implemented currently).

In general, I'm reluctant to support non-standard headers like this.
However, because we're already supporting the 'stream after SETUP'
hack (primarily for Amino STBs) using the presence of a "Range:"
header as a test, I'll go ahead and extend this to also check for the
"x-playNow" header.

Your patch will be included in the next release of the software.