[Live-devel] frame alignment

Ishan Vaishnavi ishan73 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 03:09:53 PDT 2006

Hello people,

  I need some help with getNextFrame again. I fixed
the last issue I had with mpeg4 stream, some trivial
internal coding issue.

 However I am having problems now with mpeg2 streams.
I was under the impression from what little live code
I read that the getNextFrame call returns a complete
video frame which I can queue up in a buffer to pass
to the decoder. This seems true for MPEG4 however I
seem to be getting much smaller packets than the frame
size for MPEG2.

My question is do I have to clobber these together
myself till I make a complete frame or is live
suppoesed to do it for me and I am doing something
wrong ?

Cheers
Ishan