[Live-devel] Closing the file handle on the client side

Mallikharjuna Reddy (NAVT) ymreddy at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Sun Aug 20 20:50:24 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your continuous support on LIVE codebase. We have a small issue
in LIVE codebase. We are streaming the mpeg2 files from server to client
using the test programs (testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp, and
testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp). We commented out play() function in
afterPlaying() function in the server side. We are writing into a file on
the client side. We observed that the file pointer is not closed on the
client side, once the streaming is completed. In the client side, the
function handleClosure() in FramedSource.cpp in not called. We believe this
will call the afterPlaying() function in the client side, which will close
the file handle.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks and Regards
Y. Mallikharjuna Reddy