[Live-devel] How can I know a mpeg1/2 file is PS,TS or ES?

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Aug 22 11:26:51 PDT 2006

chenwei

you might try searching for a library called "libavformat".  the library
apparently parses many types of file streams and returns information about
them.
http://www.inb.uni-luebeck.de/~boehme/using_libavcodec.html  (the link name
is misleading)
i've never used it personally though; i just heard about it while working
with Live

~Medra

             Ross Finlayson
             <finlayson at live55
             5.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  LIVE555 Streaming Media -
             live-devel-bounce         development & use
             s at ns.live555.com          <live-devel at ns.live555.com>
                                                                        cc

             08/21/2006 11:24                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Live-devel] How can I know a
                                       mpeg1/2 file is PS,TS or ES?

             Please respond to
             LIVE555 Streaming
                  Media -
             development & use
             <live-devel at ns.li
                ve555.com>

>                Every test program in the /testProgs needs a proper type
>such as TS/PS/ES. But how can I know such information about mpeg1/2
>files?

You would need to inspect the contents of the file, to look for
appropriate headers.  (However, the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
libraries currently do not do this; you would need to write this
yourself.)