[Live-devel] live lib & quicktime?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 23 10:54:08 PDT 2006

>I'm trying to use testMPEG4VideoStreamer with quicktime, but I'm getting
>parse errors:
>
>accept()ed connection from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>RTSPClientSession[0x80d5cf8]::incomingRequestHandler1() read 221
>bytes:GET /testStream HTTP/1.0
>x-sessioncookie: DpnQlNUZAAB+0AUAFoAAAA
>Accept: application/x-rtsp-tunnelled
>Pragma: no-cache
>Cache-Control: no-cache
>

>parseRTSPRequestString() failed!
>sending response: RTSP/1.0 400 Bad Request
>Date: Wed, Aug 23 2006 16:21:43 GMT
>Allow: OPTIONS, DESCRIBE, SETUP, TEARDOWN, PLAY, PAUSE
>

>any ideas about that?

Yes, the problem is that your client (QuickTime Player) is trying to
send RTSP-over-HTTP (note the HTTP "GET" command), which our RTSP
server implementation currently does not support.

>  can I get live to support quicktime?

Yes, QuickTime Player will work if you stop it from trying to use
RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling.  Maybe you have a firewall somewhere that
is blocking TCP port 8554?  If so, either unblock this, or else
change "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" to use TCP port 554 for RTSP (if
you're on Unix, you will need to be 'root' to do this).