[Live-devel] How to transform the presentationTime to Normal Play Time(NPT) ?

weiyutao36 weiyutao36 at 163.com
Tue Aug 29 05:17:44 PDT 2006

Hi Ross,
In your last letter, you gave me some advice and I followed that.In
liveMedia/FileSink.cpp, in the function "FileSink::addData()" I could
get the presentationTime of the latest frame/packet. But when I
printed out the "presentationTime", I found that it had the following
form:
                 latest_NPT.tv_sec = 1156840357
,presentationTime.tv_sec=1156840357
I don't what does this mean---the number is so big!
And furthermore, when I want to use the
"playMediaSession(MediaSession &session, start, end,scale) "
function,
 I know there's something more to be done. The playMediaSession()
function requires a "start" parameter of "float type"(am I right?) and
the parameter should be in the range of the media file such as
"0-7.845000",which is the range of the media file mpg1video.mpg.
So, my question is: how to transform the presentationTime to NPT of
the media? Or what is the relationship between thepresentationTime
and the NPT?
Maybe I missed something.
Any opinion is appreciated.
Thank you.