[Live-devel] real time streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 30 08:44:14 PDT 2006

At 06:47 AM 8/30/2006, you wrote:
>I am using the Live Media for sending real time video and audio based
>on the test programs (mpeg4 and wav).
>When I play the stream I get:
>1. Latency about off 600 ms till the video played - maybe because the
>program pack several video frames before sending them.

No, that doesn't happen for video.  When streaming to a media player,
any significant latency that you see almost always occurs inside the
receiving media player.  There is little latency in the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" code for transmitting RTP.

>2.  I get delay between the video and the audio streams (lipsing
>synchronization).

Audio/video synchronization should work, *provided that*:
- You implement RTCP, by creating a "RTCPInstance" object for both
the audio and video streams, and
- The presentation timestamps ("fPresentationTime") generated at the
server end must (for both audio and video) must be accurate, and
synchronized to 'wall clock' time (e.g., as returned by "gettimeofday()").

Because you've developed your own code, I probably can't help you
more than this.  But Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>