[Live-devel] Vbrick

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 12 15:27:37 PST 2006

>Hi,
>I am trying to use openRTSP to record a video stream from vbrick in
>fedora linux.
>For a quicktime stream I use the command:
>openRTSP -q -f 30 -h 240 -w 320 -V  rtsp://vbrick>tst.mov
[...]
>Is the Rtptime right?

Probably - but it's not relevant here anyway.

>In Quicktime this video shows a black screen but you can hear the audio.

What you're doing appears correct.  (Be sure, though, that you
terminate "openRTSP" correctly, either by waiting for the stream to
end, or using "kill -HUP" - not by <ctrl>-C)  However, you should
make sure that the specifed frame rate (30 fps) and screen dimensions
(width 320, height 240) really are correct.  (You can test this by
playing the stream live using QuickTime Player or VLC and looking at
the frame rate and screen dimensions.)

>  In VLC both audio and video are present but are out of synch.

Try adding the "-y" option.