[Live-devel] RTSPClient::getResponse1() is blocking.

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Thu Dec 14 09:56:45 PST 2006

I want to change RTSPClient so that it no longer blocks in getResponse1().
I have created a new member variable "struct timeval* fResponseTimeout"
which is initialized to NULL.  I added a function to allow the user to set
the timeout.  Now fResponseTimeout is passed as a parameter to readSocket()
in RTSPClient::getResponse1().  Also, I changed the call to
setupStreamSocket() in RTSPClient::openConnectionFromURL() to try to make
the socket non-blocking.

I have my own client inherited from RTSPClient, but I think the change is
not special to what I am doing and so it should belong in the parent.  My
child class has its own incomingResponseHandler1() function, so I didn't
check if this change breaks the parent incomingResponseHanlder1().

So, my main questions are:
1.) Did I miss anything, or do i have the wrong idea?
2.) Most importantly, what do you recommend for a good timeout on the
socket read?

Thanks!
Xochitl