[Live-devel] full list of files

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Dec 18 08:00:02 PST 2006

           I was trying get the all the files from streaming server from
console in linux
           openRTSP rtsp://192.168.1.93/*
           it is giveing me an error saying
           Failed to get a SDP description from URL "rtsp://192.168.1.93
/*": cannot handle DESCRIBE response: RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found

RTSP does not support a method by which to obtain a full list of files.  If
you want a full list of files you will have to use something other
protocol.  Also, I believe the "*" has a special meaning in RTSP, so cannot
be used as you suggest.  You can look at sections 6.2 and C.1.1 of RFC2326
for information on the asterisk.  Ross can probably tell you whether or not
the "*" tends to be used as documented.

Xochitl