[Live-devel] full list of files

Hemanth Kumar hemwire at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 03:38:59 PST 2006

Hi All,

           I was trying get the all the files from streaming server from
console in linux
           openRTSP rtsp://192.168.1.93/*
           it is giveing me an error saying
           Failed to get a SDP description from URL "rtsp://192.168.1.93
/*": cannot handle DESCRIBE response: RTSP/1.0 404 Not Found

RTSP does not support a method by which to obtain a full list of files.  If
you want a full list of files you will have to use something other
protocol.  Also, I believe the "*" has a special meaning in RTSP, so cannot
be used as you suggest.  You can look at sections 6.2 and C.1.1 of RFC2326
for information on the asterisk.  Ross can probably tell you whether or not
the "*" tends to be used as documented.

Xochitl

          Sorry for asking the question again , Can we  have "*" wildcard in
the describe command will then cause multiple "i=" lines, each is a title to
an item on the server. After each "i=" line will be one or more "a="
attribute lines for the file. I'm expecting X-filename: and metadata:
strings returned for each file, maybe others. So the "i" line is the title
of a new item, and each "a" line is an attribute about that item. Finding a
new "i" line means to start a new item with that title string.Those returned
items and and the filename and the metadata strings I need put into a list.
the metadata can be a pretty long string. A new line separates each line.

v=0
s=Storage Server Test
c=IN IP4 192.168.1.93
t=0 0m=video 0 RTP/AVP 33