[Live-devel] Precompiled Libraries

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Dec 19 11:35:17 PST 2006

Question 1: Other than the .cpp files, are there precompiled libraries
(.lib) to download? I may only need to customise a few of the .cpp and used
the others so it will be easier for me to include the .lib files.

Re: No, I don't think there are any precompiled libraries available.  You
should build the libraries yourself for whichever Operating System you want
to use.  If you customize any .cpp files, you will want to rebuild the
library anyway to incorporate your changes.

Question 2: If no .lib files available, how do we build them with the .cpp
files (please forgive me if I sound noob cos I just started on doing Visual
C++ programming without any prior programming experience)

Re: http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/#config-windows,
http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/#config-unix

Xochitl