[Live-devel] Problem with Amino set-top box.

Wei Weng wweng at kencast.com
Wed Dec 20 16:17:32 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 13:42 -1000, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >What is the trick here? How do I get Amino box to work with Live?
>
> Note that the Amino set-top box can play only MPEG Transport Stream
> data - not MPEG Program Stream data (or anything else).  Therefore,
> your original file must be a Transport Stream file.
>
> If you have a MPEG Transport Stream file - whose picture is the
> appropriate dimensions to be displayed by the Amino STB - then you
> can stream it, using either "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (filename
> "test.ts") or "live555MediaServer" (filename <anything>.ts)

Ahhhhhh, Thanks a lot for the tip!

I am thinking about using VLC to initially read from the mpeg file (the
file format would be .mpeg) and stream it out with TS format, my
question would be "Is there anyway to take the streaming output from VLC
server and pipe it through LiveMediaServer?"

Thanks

Wei