[Live-devel] How does Live555 notify the ending of the streaming

Sean yunjnz at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 18:35:47 PST 2006

--- Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >I'm using Live555 developing a RTSP client
>
> I hope you're using the "openRTSP" and "VLC" (file:
> "live555.cpp")
> code as a model.
>
> >1) How does live555 notify the end of the streaming
> >Client?
>
> The client can set up a function to be called
> whenever a RTCP "BYE"
> packet arrives from the server.  See the calls to
> "setByeHandler()"
> in the "openRTSP" and  "VLC" code.
>
> >2) How does Live555 implement KeepAlive RTCP?
>
> Simply by creating a "RTCPInstance" object for each
> "RTPSource".

Thanks for your help.
can you give me more detail about these two questions?
I mean,
1) for the first question, how the server notify the
client if the session has finished? does the server
send a BYE packet via RTCP and the client reply a BYE
packet? and then close the connection for the
corresponding RTP session?
2) for the second question, how does the RTCPInstance
implements the KeepAlive function?
Thank you again.
Sean