[Live-devel] How to control Frame rate for MPEG2 TS stream from server side

Nitin Jain jnitin at ssdi.sharp.co.in
Thu Dec 21 03:18:49 PST 2006

Hi all,

 We are using testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp as a server for streaming MPEG2
ES, PS and TS stream and testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver.cpp as a receiver
program. We could able to control frame rate for MPEG2 ES and PS stream from
server side by changing the default frame rate (fFrameRate) in
MPEGVideoStreamFramer.cpp to change fDurationInMicroseconds

fDurationInMicroseconds
      = (fFrameRate == 0.0 || ((int)fPictureCount) < 0) ? 0
      : (unsigned)((fPictureCount*1000000)/fFrameRate);

But in case of TS stream fDurationInMicroseconds is calculated as

fDurationInMicroseconds
    = numTSPackets * (unsigned)(fTSPacketDurationEstimate*1000000);

 Any idea how to control frame rate for MPEG2 TS.

Thanks and Regards
Nitin Jain